"Bolder in Boulder" - an MCC led group to refine and deepen coaching skills
Dates: Fourth Thursday of each month
Time: 6:00 - 9:00pm MT
This six-month education group is designed to challenge and support seasoned coaches, as well as those new to the profession, or people using coaching skills in a leadership role or therapeutic practice.
Each session introduces a specific theme, and includes an expert coaching demonstration as well as peer coaching practice with structured feedback and reflection.
Development in the eleven ICF core coaching competencies is woven into every session. The monthly themes provide freshness and focus; each theme is a frame within which the core coaching competencies are practised, deepened and refined. Whether new to coaching or with several decades of experience, you will gain understanding of how the competencies differ between ACC, PCC and MCC level coaching, and be encouraged to set - and meet - learning goals for yourself every month.
Hosted and facilitated by Zora (Sara Boas, MCC) in Boulder, the group is a convivial and stimulating environment in which to learn and grow, sharing strengths and vulnerabilities through a focused and structured learning process.
Come with a willing heart and an open mind (and perhaps some healthy food to share); leave with fresh ideas, greater awareness of your own coaching strengths and style, and enhanced skills!
Each month has a different theme, presented by the group leader; 2018 themes include:
- Bold Presence, Fierce Patience: how to do less and be more in your coaching
- The Dance of Difference: trans-cultural competence and coaching for diversity
- Bodies in Dialog: embodiment, sensation, and movement observation in coaching
- The Arc of Coaching: opening and closing your sessions with clarity and grace
- Psychotherapy and Coaching: how clinical skills can support coaching excellence
- Coaching in the Wild: working with nature as a partner in your coaching conversations
- Be challenged and stimulated to rethink your coaching approach
- Raise the bar on your coaching skills in all 11 core coaching competencies
- Practice specific skills in a supportive environment, with focused feedback
- Connect with and mobilize your own body, intuition, humor, and creativity
- Observe a Master Certified Coach in action during coaching demonstrations
- Know and trust your personal coaching strengths and style in greater depth
- Draw on, adapt and re-purpose skills you have learned in other professions
- Co-create a community of professional peers who share the coaching ethos
Six monthly in-person meetings in Boulder, May to October 2018
Fourth Thursday of the month, 6:00-9:00 pm
Refreshments provided (feel free to bring healthy snacks to share)
CCEs: 3 in Core Competencies (per session)
May, June, July, August 2018:
Downtown Boulder (Pearl Street); full address provided upon registration
September and October 2018:
New address for these two meetings will be provided in the confirmation email sent upon registration.
6.00: Meet and greet
6.15: Opening circle to co-create community and establish trust, intimacy, and presence
6.30: Brief introduction of the month’s theme by Zora (Sara Boas, MCC)
6.45: Coaching demonstration by Zora (Sara Boas, MCC) with interactive observation and debrief
7.45: Co-coaching practice in trios with structured feedback in relation to the month’s theme
8.45: Individual commitments and closing circle